Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dimensionality

A while back, there was a bit of a 'triangle craze' going on in the Etsy Beadweaver's team.  They looked pretty neat, so I dutifully made a triangle.  My next thought was 'I wonder if I can use the same basic principle to make a square.'  So I tried it out, and got a square like shape that wouldn't lie flat.  At that point in time, I wanted a flat square for a pair of earrings, so I messed around and ended up making a relatively decent flat square.  

But I kept the dimensional square stored away at the back of my mind 'for later use.'  Yesterday, I pulled it to the forefront.  Using two shades of a corally pink, I made 7 of these squares and joined them together into this bracelet.

The next logical step was to make some more squares to join together for this pair of earrings.  Now, I'm not much of a pink girl, but I am pretty pleased with how these pieces turned out!

Next up, a spiky green bracelet using the same squares.  Here's a sneak peak! Each spike is made by joining two squares together in the corner.  


7 comments:

SarahKelley said...

Very cool! I especially like the eaarrings!

Jean Hutter said...

These are so very cool I can't wait to see the green bracelet finished - I bet it will be amazing.

Marlaine said...

Pretty interesting developments from the triangles!

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Really beautifu. I love the color. The new one is going to be lovely too

Beaderjojo said...

Whoa I LOVE that pink bracelet, it's funky!

BeadArtOriginals said...

How funny! I just went through the exact same progression... triangle first, then one of those wonky little squares. I haven't quite figured out what to do with them yet, though.

:-)

njemacreative said...

beadartoriginals - you're more than welcome to get inspiration from the general ways that I used them. :) Especially since I'm sure that with ya'lls creativity, talent, and strong sense of ethics, that offer will not result in duplicates of my work.