I used alternating mixes of sapphire blue and garnet red Czech seed beads to create looping herringbone tubes, attaching them to each other as I went. Originally, the wide strip was supposed to lie flat. Well.... the beads didn't cooperate, and the necklace was flipping in funny directions. As I was playing with it, I realized that if I folded the strip at the bottom of the v, it would lie well without flopping, twisting, and otherwise looking not as great as I wanted.
So, I went back to my work table, searched through my stash, and found a brown bead that would work great for joining the two sides. And voila! No more funky flipping.
Then, starting on May 9th and continuing through the 15th, head on over to the EBW blog to vote for your favorite challenge entry!