Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Herringbone, and some 'in progress'

I've just discovered herringbone within the past month, and it's my new favorite. 

I finished this wide cuff over the weekend, and it's now available in my Etsy store!  The inspiration for this came from a hotel carpet.  Inspiration is everywhere!  I finished it off with three brick stitch buttons, which can go on the top OR bottom of the wrist, depending on what look you want. 

Okay, so I'm pretty proud of this cuff.  Plus herringbone just feels so cool!  Very flexible.

And...  a herringbone rope necklace in progress.  I've got three ropes done, and one more that I want to do before combining them and adding some sort of a closure.

Continuing with 'in progress,' this peyote cuff is mostly done.  I just need to add a closure, and maybe add a little bit of a 3D flair..  But I'd need to buy specific beads for that, and right now my 'fun budget' is going towards christmas present supplies.  So eventually you'll see the final version in my Etsy store. :) Patience! 

And I'm in the throes of making a bunch of ornament-stars both for gifts and to put in my store.  Here's the first four!


4 comments:

Anna said...

Wow, you've been really busy!! Love the herringbone cuff!

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Everything looks really cool. Can't wait to see them all done.

Unknown said...

gorgeous!!! and isn't herringbone just a fun stitch! whenever I'm stuck it's one of the first stitches I go to! :-)

SarahKelley said...

I love herring bone too! And that 'carpet' cuff is fab!